Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Tyler and I love to travel, even if it is just a little weekend getaway. This weekened we headed out to La Torretta Resort in Lake Conroe and we had a blast! The pictures on their website are a little deceiving because  they are under construction so it does not look exactly the same...hate when that happens! But, all in all, we really enjoyed ourselves.

The first thing we did when we arrived on Friday was throw our bathing suits on and head down to the pools. We did the lazy river for a little while and even tried out their slides. I felt like a kid again doing the slides over and over and over all while wearing a big grin on my face! We chose not to eat at the resort because we passed a Sam's Boat on the way in that was right on the water and looked fun. Our table had a perfect view and we were right next to the band. Fun and romantic night!


 
On Saturday we went out to the golf course and Tyler helped me practice my chipping, putting and swing. He really is a great coach! It was a perfect overcast day with a little breeze. After that we headed over to play a round of putt putt. There was only one other couple so we had all the time in the world to goof off. Going down to the pools was an easy decision after being in the sun all day. We spent the rest of the afternoon lounging in the adults only pool and making new friends. The rum was a-flowin' and our Pandora was on just the right station.
 
 
We got up early this morning and had a delicious breakfast and headed back to the clubhouse for day 2 of golf lessons with my handsome hubby. I definitely am getting better but not sure I am ready for 18 holes quite yet. Tyler did tell me my patience might not be the best for golf...ha!
Lake Conroe was great but I can't wait for our trip to Napa and San Francisco for our anniversary next week!
 
 
Did you do anything fun this weekend?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note! :)