Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Napa



Oh Napa how I miss you already...

Napa is this little valley nestled between mountains and I learned that they are known for the Cabernet Sauvignons, which are indeed amazing. When you are driving into the area, you immediately see vineyards all around. Even the hotels had vineyards growing on their land.

Everywhere you look could be a picture on a magazine and we did take our fair share of photos. We did some "winery hopping" on Saturday and took advantage of going everywhere we could. The only thing I wish that would of been different is that only a few of the vineyards sold wine by the glass. We are used to the Texas wineries where you can do a tasting then have a glass (or two) of your favorite wine and relax and enjoy the views.

We chose to do a tour at the Castello di Amorosa by a recommendation of our friend Helen who was there not too long ago and we were SO happy that we did. This is a $55 million castle that was built in the 2000's and they got every detail right! We started at the castle courtyard and made our way all the way down into the dungeons. Our witty Italian guide (I want to note that since he was Italian it made our tour just perfect, he really knew his wine!) was great and made sure we enjoyed ourselves.











Like I said earlier, we "winery hopped" and here are the pictures from the rest of our day.









I highly recommend going to Napa for a special trip, it is everything you imagine it will be and more!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, how sweet are you! I'm glad you like the photos, I just got a new camera and it is just amazing! :) I hope you follow and keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note! :)