Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New paint!

I love the way new paint can change the look of a room! Tyler and I went to a Benjamin Moore class that was held at West Elm a few months back to learn new painting techniques and what the new styles are. We made a date night out of it and had a good time! With that being said, Benjamin Moore so graciously gave us each a coupon for a free gallon of one of their best paint lines, Natura. Let me tell you, a gallon of this stuff is around $60 so we probably would not have tried it on our own but now we are believers! It has absolutely ZERO paint smell and dries in about an hour! AN HOUR! Amazing product that I can highly recommend.

The first room we tackled was our bedroom (post to come) and we chose a color made for Pottery Barn called Cumulus Cloud. It is a perfect beige/grey color.

For our bathroom we chose Harbor Gray, which is actually very similiar to the Cumulus Cloud. We were hoping for a shade just a little lighter but we love it!

Here are some before photos with the original beige color the builders put on the wall.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And here is the new paint...
 
 


 
 
 
I know it isn't THAT big of a difference but we love it and I really like how the white pops off the gray.

I love looking at before and after photos and hope you do too!

Have you tackled any home decor projects recently?

2 comments:

  1. No, but are you for hire to takle some projects for me :P
    You have done such a wonderful job on your house Tiffany, its absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sure!! I can be paid in fruity cocktails and yummy snacks :)

    Thank you very much, it's always a work in progress. I am going to make a tab at the top soon that says "Our Home" or "Home Tour" and keep it updated.

    I'm waiting for you to start your blog! You're so witty, I'm sure it would be hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a note! :)